NodeFabric Host Image is a modular VM (or bare-metal) image that delivers hyperconverged MariaDB-Galera database and Ceph storage solution for highly available, self-healing and load-balanced cloud services.
Based on stable and supported RedHat Enterprise Linux or CentOS operating system - it provides highly available data backend layer for self-healing and load-balanced cloud services.
Docker, Consul and HAProxy are used internally for coordinating and maintaining included data storage services. NodeFabric Host Image can run on any virtual or physical infrastructure: Amazon EC2 cloud, Openstack and VMware private clouds or directly on bare metal.
- prebuilt NodeFabric Host Image and optional remote cluster auto-join service
- zero-configuration data backend fabric deployment - just “Boot–and-Go”
- self-contained and runs everywhere - AWS, Openstack, VMWare, KVM, bare-metal etc.
- very low infrastructure capabilities requirements for clustering – it does not require multicast networking or node fencing
- clustered by design
- built-in service discovery and health monitoring
Example use cases:
- hyperconverged solution stack (Docker + database + shared FS + load-balancer)
- highly available turnkey database cluster
- virtual SAN with distributed filesystem support
More information about supported NodeFabric product can be found here: http://opennodecloud.com/products/nodefabric.html
NodeFabric is released under open-source Apache v2 license.